Native American elder, Leonard Peltier has been incarcerated for over 46 years despite alarming concerns over the fairness of his trial. Currently held at the Coleman United States Federal Prison in Florida, the threat of COVID-19 and waning health underscores the urgency of his release. Leonard is 78 years old and has very serious health concerns. He suffers from ailments including diabetes and an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which can be fatal if it ruptures.
We call on President Biden to grant Leonard Peltier clemency and to release him to his family and extended community as soon as possible so that he can live out the remainder of his days with his loved ones.
- Take and share the online action urging President Biden to grant him clemency.
- Urgent Action: write letters to President Biden urging for him to grant clemency
- Sign the MoveOn petition
- Read recent articles
- Take action on social media using the #FreeLeonardPeltier and follow across all platforms
- Join our Global Photo & Video Social Media Action
- Write Letters to the Editor and Op-Eds to your local newspapers
- Learn more from the International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
- Follow and support Leonard on Twitter Facebook and Instagram
- Urge your Members of Congress to draft letters to President Biden: Find Your Rep Here
- Listen to the phenomenal award winning podcast Leonard: Political Prisoner
- See the film Incident at Oglala directed by Michael Apted
- See the film Warrior by Suzie Bear
- Read Leonard’s book Prison Writing: My Life is My Sundance
- Read In The Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen
- Read the book I Will by Sheron Wyant-Leonard
- Watch the C-SPAN recording of Inside the American Indian Movement