Native American elder, Leonard Peltier has been incarcerated for over 45 years despite alarming concerns over the fairness of his trial. Currently held at the Coleman United States Federal Prison in Florida, the threat of COVID-19 and waning health underscores the urgency of his release. Leonard is 77 years old and has very serious health concerns. He suffers from ailments including diabetes and an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which can be fatal if it ruptures.
We call on President Biden to grant Leonard Peltier clemency and to release him to his family and extended community as soon as possible so that he can live out the remainder of his days with his loved ones.
- Urgent Action: write letters to President Biden
- Take action on social media using the #FreeLeonardPeltier and follow across all platforms
- Make a video statement to President Biden asking for Clemency and upload to social media
- Learn more from the International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
- Follow and support Leonard on Twitter Facebook or Instagram
- Listen to the phenomenal podcast Leonard: Political Prisoner
- See the film Incident at Oglala directed by Michael Apted
- Read Leonard’s book Prison Writing: My Life is My Sundance
- Read In The Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen